Measure Your Ring Size at Home with some great ring sizing tips.
Use our ring guide - printable ring size chart
• Print the guide: Place a ring that you know fits on the template to see the size.
Finding your ring size - with an existing ring
• Use a ruler: Lay one of your rings on a ruler.
• Measure the inside: Measure the inner diameter of the ring (across the center) in millimeters.
• The measurement you get is your ring size based on diameter. See chart on bottom of this page for US and UK-sizes
If you don't have an existing ring
• Use string or paper: Take a thin piece of string, thread, or a strip of paper.
• Wrap around the finger: Wrap the string or paper strip around the finger where you want the ring.
• Mark the meeting point: Mark where the string or paper strip meets.
• Measure the length: Then lay the string or paper strip flat on a ruler and measure it in millimeters.
• This measurement gives you the finger circumference, which can also be used to determine ring size. See chart on bottom of this page for US and UK-sizes
Know your base size Measure the finger size on the hand you plan to wear the ring on. Often, our dominant hand is a little bigger, so if you are right-handed and plan to wear the ring on your left hand, there might be a difference in size.
Time of day Your finger can swell during the day due to heat or physical activity. Therefore, it's best to measure your finger in the afternoon or evening when it's largest. Avoid cold hands: When hands are cold, your fingers can appear smaller. Try to have a normal body temperature when measuring.
Width of the ring The width of the ring you plan to buy can affect the size. A wider ring might feel tighter and may require a larger size. If you're uncertain between two sizes: Always choose the larger size for the best comfort.
Surprise gifts If you're planning a surprise, try to "borrow" one of the recipient's current rings (from the correct finger) and use it as a reference. Or talk to someone close to the recipient who might know their size.
Engagement and wedding rings Since these rings are usually worn every day, make sure they aren't too tight. They should move comfortably over the knuckle but not so loosely that they might fall off.
Check the return policy If you're buying the ring online, ensure you're familiar with the refund or exchange policy in case the ring doesn't fit perfectly.
Ring size conversion, mm / USA / UK - standard ring sizes
|Inner Diameter (mm)||USA||UK|